Coconut ladoo is a simple and quick sweet recipe made using fresh coconut in the form of round balls and is a perfect instant sweet made for several occasions.
Other ladoo or desserts and sweets that should be tried are rava ladoo, badam milk, shrikhand recipe, falooda recipe, lassi recipe, shankarpali, cooker cake, malai kulfi, vanilla sponge cake recipe, cold coffee, semiya payasam, rava cake , moong dal halwa, suji ka halwa etc…
Coconuts in India are available in desiccated form or in the form of fresh coconut and there is endless use of coconut in our country.
Dry coconut and fresh coconut is used widely in Indian kitchens for cooking. The use of coconut is mainly found in south india whether it is in kitchen for cooking or for devotional purposes.
Not only it is a good cooking ingredient but is also said to have lots and lots of health benefits for hair and skin and for our body.
Coconuts are added to curries be it veg curries or non veg curries. Coconuts are also added to some of the rice recipes.
Here, I have used coconut to make sweets and there are endless sweets and desserts that can be made using dry coconut or fresh coconut.
Coconut ladoo can be made in various variations and all of them are very simple in making and can be made very quickly.
In India coconut is widely grown in major parts of Kerala and most of the south indian dishes are not complete without using coconut.
Every part of coconut is highly used be it coconut milk, coconut oil and coconut water. Coconut water is one of the best natural drinks to our body which keeps our body strengthened and hydrated all the time.
Focusing on our today’s recipe that is coconut ladoo, it is a sweet delicacy made using simple ingredients like ghee, milk and fresh coconut powder and below are the detailed steps on how to make it.
Coconut ladoo can be made as a festival recipe and is commonly made during festive season like diwali.
Diwali is not only a festival of lights but is also a festival of sweets and snacks. Here, to make our work easy for several occasions I would love to share this easy sweet recipe on my blog and shall also be updating with various quick sweets and snacks for festive seasons.
Coconut ladoo recipe, nariyal ladoo:
coconut ladoo recipe, coconut laddu | nariyal ladoo
- 1 tsp ghee/clarified butter
- 1 cup fresh coconut powder
- 1 1/2 cup full cream milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- 1 tsp dry fruits powder (kaju, badam, pista blended into a coarse powder)
How to remove coconut from fresh coconut and make powder:
- Take a fresh coconut, break it into two halves.
- Take each half coconut, place it on the stove and heat the coconut shell completely all over.
- Take a knife and loosen all the edges of the coconut.
- Take the coconut out slowly and carefully.
- Make small pieces of the coconut.
- Peel of the brown skin of the coconut with a peeler.
- Put the pieces in a blender and powder them finely.
Making of coconut ladoo:
- Take a pan, add 1 tsp ghee and heat it.
- Make sure the flame is low.
- Add 1 cup of coconut powder into the pan.
- Dry roast it on low flame for 3-4 minutes by stirring continuously (do not brown the powder or burn it).
- Add full cream milk into it.
- Cook on low flame and keep stirring for few minutes.
- Add powdered sugar approximately 1 cup or as per requirement.
- Add green cardamom powder/ elaichi powder into it.
- Mix the mixture well.
- Allow the coconut to absorb milk completely.
- Keep stirring and let it cook on low flame.
- Add dry fruits powder and mix.
- Let the mixture thicken completely and keep mixing.
- Once the mixture is thick switch off the flame.
- Allow the mixture to cool down.
Making round balls or laddu:
- Use some coconut powder on a plate to coat the ladoos and keep this powder handy before making ladoos.
- Take a small ball portion of the ladoo mixture, make round balls of the laddus, coat the round ladoo with the dry coconut powder completely.
- Place the coated ladoos on the plate.
- Continue making rest of the ladoos with the ladoo mixture.
- Serve them instantly or can be served a few hours later.
- Watch the video procedure too for the quick coconut ladoo below.
- Instead of using milk, malai/milk cream too can be added a little to give a more rich taste to the ladoos...
- One can make coconut powder at home, dry roast it slightly and store it in air tight containers and this stored powdered can be used when required to make these ladoos...
- Do not brown the coconut powder while roasting as the taste of the ladoos totally changes...Dry roast only for 2-3 minutes on low flame only to remove the raw smell from the fresh coconut powder.