Cucumber juice, a healthy refreshing drink perfect during summers is a coolant made using simple ingredients and blending altogether.
Other healthy drinks on the blog which are healthy and aids in weight loss are ginger tea, jeera water, ginger water and also check out other healthy refreshing drinks such as aam panna, punjabi lassi, sweet lassi, chaas, karela juice, lauki ka juice, ajwain water , cinnamon water drink for weight loss , masala chai , muskmelon juice , amla juice etc…
Cucumbers are available in plenty in summers and this is the best and coolest fruit or vegetable that is highly used in summers in various ways.
There are many other green drinks or healthy drinks such as aloe vera juice drink made out of green aloe vera leaf and then I have also posted apple cider vinegar for weight loss, strawberry juice, kiwi juice, mango juice, turmeric water , haldi doodh, ginger tea for cold, lemon water for weight loss, turmeric tea recipe etc…
What is a cucumber:
Cucumber in Indian language is commonly termed as kheera. It is a medium long size cylindrical shape green color fruit/veggie which is mostly found in summers in Indian regions.
We find fruit vendors selling kheera in abundance in every nook and corner in this season and is the best time to make use of the cucumber in every way possible and get benefited with its benefits.
Uses of Cucumber and benefits:
- Cucumber is highly used in salads, dressings, garnishing and it gives much relief to the tummy.
- Cucumber gives soothing effect to the eyes mainly eyes that suffer from dark circles, puffiness or irritation. Taking a round slice of cucumber and placing it on the eyes gives a cooling effect to the eyes…
- Cucumber aids a lot in weight loss and eating it regularly cuts down the fat deposit in the body.
- It prevents constipation and various other diseases.
- It is rich in vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A and Vitamin C and it is the best ingredient used to treat skin related ailments and skin problems.
- It flushes away the toxins in the body and regulates blood sugar levels, blood pressure levels and cholesterol in the body.
- Just peel it and keep eating it in free time without the need of making a juice and reap it benefits in the long run.
Usage in recipes:
Kheera/ Cucumber is always used in salads, raita recipes and here I have used it to make a juice or drink out of it which consumed once in a while helps in proper weight control.
Kheera is also used to make many other variants of refreshing drinks and is always eaten like a salad by sprinkling some salt all over it and consuming it immediately.
Cucumber juice made here is very cool, light, refreshing and slightly tangy due to lemon drops added into it. It is definitely a healthy juice without sugar and with healthy ingredients added in it.
Lemon is added to enhance the taste and make it more refreshing. Cucumber cools down our body and especially in these scorching summers it is must to eat fruits and vegetables which have much water content and are hydrating such as watermelon juice and cucumber.
Below is a simple recipe made with quite few ingredients and is mentioned in step by step detail.
Cucumber juice recipe below:
cucumber juice recipe, juice for weight loss
- 1 fresh cucumber
- salt - to taste
- 1/2 lemon
- 4-5 ice cubes
Peeling of cucumber:
- Firstly, take a fresh cucumber peel it completely with the help of a peeler.
- Taste a portion of the cucumber and if it is bitter discard the cucumber and use another fresh cucumber that is edible and not bitter.
- The kheera that is used should never be bitter in taste.
- Make small pieces of the cucumber with the help of a knife.
Making the juice:
- Take a blending jar, add the cucumber slices into it.
- Add salt as per taste aprpoximately 1/4 teaspoon.
- Add few lemon drops into it.
- Add some ice cubes.
- Cover the lid and give a good blend for 2-3 minutes.
- Take a serving glass.
- Pour the juice into the glass.
- Garnish with cucumber slices or mint leaves.
- Serve chilled.
- Do not strain the juice and serve it directly without straining.
- Black salt or kala namak too can be added for a better taste.
- Also mint leaves too can be added and it is totally optional and one's own choice.
- Do not add sugar to the drink.
- Consuming it weekly twice brings much relief to the tummy and helps in losing weight.
- Do not store the drink in refrigerator nor store it for days. It has to be consumed fresh and never stored.
- Storing changes its taste and makes it inedible.
Hope you liked this healthy drink which is an amazing drink for summers and works wonders for weight loss.
If you have any version of this drink which tastes good and healthy then do leave your suggestions below in the comment box.