Dosa Recipe or Onion Dosa is a plain dosa recipe with finely chopped onion topping over the dosa which gives the plain dosa a very yummy taste and also it can be eaten plain without any side dish or serve with onion tomato chutney, coconut chutney, groundnut chutney, green chilli chutney, pudina chutney .
Check out other dosa recipes eaten as tiffin recipes are listed below:
- South Indian Masala Dosa
- Plain Dosa Recipe with Dosa Batter Prepagreen chilli chutneyration
- Rava dosa or onion rava dosa
- pesarattu or pesarattu dosa
- wheat dosa or godhuma dosa
- egg dosa or mutta dosa
This onion dosa is quite simple and all we need to do is have the batter ready to make dosa and then we just need to make the dosa and finally have some onion mixture ready to complete the recipe.
Adding onion mixture or carrot mixture or any chutney mixture onto the dosa gives a unique flavor to the recipe. I have already posted the article on how to make dosa batter and now the next would be making of the dosa with any kind of topping.
Dosa can be made in several varieties with varieties of toppings and this is a plain one with simple onion topping.
I would love to update with several dosa recipes as I keep updating my blog…
If one does not have time to make any side dish for dosa such as chutneys or sambar then the best way I suggest would be to make different toppings with onion mixture or carrot mixture or onion carrot mixture or with chutney spreads and top it up and can quickly pack it up in kids lunch box or for breakfast.
Below are the recipe details on how to make this delicious onion dosa recipe which is a very simple breakfast recipe all across south indian region.
How to make onion dosa recipe:
- Dosa Batter (Click the link on how to make dosa batter)
- oil for drizzling around the dosa
- 3 medium size onions very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped green chillies
- salt - as per taste
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped coriander leaves(optional)
- In a bowl, add the very finely chopped onions, finely chopped green chillies, finely chopped coriander leaves, salt according to taste, mix it well.
- Take a tawa/gridle and heat it.
- Rub the tawa with an onion slice.
- Take a ladle full of batter and drop it at the centre.
- From the centre spread the batter in a circular motion and make a round dosa.
- Add the onion mixture as the topping all over the dosa.
- Smear oil all over the dosa and also at the corners of the dosa.
- Let it cook for few seconds on medium flame.
- Fold the dosa and remove it.
- Serve the dosa hot with any side dish such as chutney or sambar.
- Continue making dosas of your choice with the rest of the batter.
A video procedure on how to make dosa with onion topping mixture: