Nariyal Ki Chutney is a chutney recipe to be taken with breakfast recipes such as idli or dosa or vada or uttapam or any south indian breakfast recipe.
Nariyal is coconut in english and here I have used the freshly grated coconut to make the chutney. Do not use dry coconut or desiccated coconut as it does not give out the flavor which nariyal gives.
South Indian breakfast recipes are incomplete without chutneys and there are many many chutneys that go well with idli or dosa or anything.
The nariyal itself can be used to make many chutneys like coconut chutney, coriander coconut chutney, red coconut chutney etc.. and here I have posted the recipe of chutney which has ingredients like ginger, roasted chana dal, coriander, tamarind piece etc…
The chutney can be made with many variations and with time would love to write down as many south indian chutneys as possible for my blog readers to try them out.
Chutneys are usually made with common ingredients like coconut, tomato, peanuts, onions or sesame seeds. These ingredients lift up the flavors of the chutneys by adding few spices.
The nariyal ki chutney which I shall be sharing can be eaten with idlis, dosas, vada, poori, pesarattu, uttapam and sambar recipes. This chutney recipe does not taste good with rice or roti.
Below is the recipe of nariyal ki chutney which is side dish to many south indian breakast recipes:
How To Make Nariyal Ki Chutney Recipe Below:
Nariyal Ki Chutney Recipe
To Blend The Chutney:
- 1 cup grated nariyal/coconut
- 1 tbsp roasted chana dal
- salt - to taste
- 4-5 green chillies
- 1 inch ginger piece adrak
- 1 inch tamarind piece imli
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves optional
For The Tempering:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp urad dal
- 1/4 tsp chana dal
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 3-4 dried red chillies
- 4-5 curry leaves
For The Chutney:
- Take a blender, add grated coconut, add roasted chana dal, add green chillies.
- Add salt, ginger piece, tamarind piece, coriander leaves.
- Blend the mixture well.
- Add little water and blend into a chutney paste.
For The Tadka:
- Add oil and heat it.
- Add urad dal, chana dal and saute.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and stir.
- Add dried red chillies, mix.
- Add curry leaves and when they crackle transfer tha tadka into the chutney and mix.
2.Garlic cloves too can be added in place of ginger and can be skipped if they are not preferred.