Til Ki Chutney Recipe or Hyderabadi Khichdi Ka Khatta is yet again a very famous Hyderabadi special khatta made to be eaten only with Khichdi in Hyderabadi cuisine. It is a hyderabadi breakfast dish. Hyderabadi cuisine breakfast usually consists of khichdi, khatta and kheema(minced meat) which are made as breakfast recipes.
Related Chutney Recipes With Rice:
Til is a hindi word for sesame seeds and is commonly used in making chutneys and ladoos. Til chutney is also made when breakfast recipes such as dosa or idli is made and mainly this chutney is served along with moong dal khichdi in hyderabad tradition.
There are other variations in which this chutney is prepared and we can replace green chillies just by adding red chilli powder too in the recipe.
Khichdi is already posted in this blog but today I would be pleased to reveal the side dish for it which Hyderabadis usually prefer and it is nothing else but a khatta which is liquid in apperance but tastes well with khichdi. It is usually a Sunday Breakfast food.
Hyderabadi Khichdi Ka Khatta or Til Ki Chutney Recipe is usually prepared with roatsed peanuts and sesame seeds powder to which tamarind extracted pulp is added to give a perfect tangy flavor which could easily go with khichdi without any other curry.
Make sure that the til or sesame is roasted well along with peanuts as they give a raw smell if not roasted well.
Khatta can also be called as 'Til Ki Chutney' Recipe for everybody to understand but it is generally termed as 'Khichdi Ka Khatta' in Hyderabadi lingo. Let's take a look at making this Chutney Recipe and I am sure its a very unique and different chutney for everyone to try out.
Til Ki Chutney, Hyderabadi Khichdi Ka Khatta Below:
How To Make Hyderabadi Khichdi Ka Khatta
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds til in hindi
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 garlic clove lehsun
- 3-4 green chillies
- salt - to taste
- 1 medium sized onion finely sliced
- 1 lemon sized tamarind extracted pulp
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 dried red chillies
- 3-4 curry leaves
- In a pan, add little oil and heat it, add slit green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves, garlic clove and roast it for one or two minutes.
- In a blender, powder the roasted peanuts and sesame seeds. To it add salt, roasted green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves and garlic clove.
- Blend the whole mixture well.
- Take the mixture out in a bowl, to the mixture add tamarind extracted pulp, mix it well, add water if required.
- Check the taste of salt.
- Add sliced raw onions in the khatta.
- In a tadka pan, add oil and heat it, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add cumin seeds, dried red chillies, stir well, add curry leaves and allow it to crackle.
- Transfer the whole tadka into the chutney.
- Serve it with Khichdi.