Chicken dry fry recipe is slightly roasted chicken recipe which is not in a gravy form and it is a totally dry recipe. The chicken dry fry is very easy and needs quite a few ingredients to make it.
Related fry recipes:
This version is something that is very different and here I have boiled the chicken with haldi and salt and roasted in oil with few spices. The recipe is so simple and yet tasty.
I have also used pepper powder while roasting to give out a spicy taste. This recipe can be eaten like a starter and it is one of the simplest and tastiest recipes made with few ingredients.
While making dry chicken recipes it is very important that one takes care while stirring and also the temperature of the flame because even with slight mistake the chicken burns and does not turn out properly as we are roasting it and not deep frying.
Inorder to make the work easier I have boiled the chicken which is typically done in andhra style and roasted it which turned out well and yet made the work easier and quicker.
Below is the chicken recipe, a quick and simplest recipe which could be easily tried by bachelors and someone who is learning to prepare chicken recipes…
In this recipe I have used onion but I would suggest not to use them if you are looking for a totally dry recipe without onion.
How To Make Chicken Dry Fry Recipe:
- 250 gms chicken cut into pieces cleaned and washed well
- ½ tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
- salt - to taste
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- salt - to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp black pepper corn powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder(optional)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Firstly, take a cooking vessel, add chicken pieces into it, add salt to taste, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, mix and add water into it.
- Boil the chicken until chicken gets tender for 30 minutes or pressure cook it.
- Strain the chicken completely and put it aside.
- Take a wok, add oil and heat it.
- Add chopped onion and fry till slight brown(optional).
- Add boiled chicken pieces, salt, red chilli powder, stir and roast for five minutes on low flame(If the base is burning add drops of boiled chicken stock) .
- Add garam masala powder and pepper powder over the chicken, mix and roast well for few minutes by stirring in between.
- Sprinkle some freshly chopped coriander leaves all over the chicken.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve it as a starter!!!
2.Additional spices such as coriander seeds powder and cumin seeds powder too can be added according to the preference.