Mutton Masala Recipe is a mouth watering and a masaledaar mutton masala curry recipe which is again made with red meat/mutton.
Related recipes with mutton or mutton recipes:
- Mutton Kofta or Meat Balls
- Spicy Mutton Gravy
- Mutton Pulao
- Mutton Pickle
- Mutton Paya Soup
- Hyderabadi haleem
This dish is a curry recipe which can be eaten with roti or rice and is a popular dish all across India and mainly it is made in Hyderabad.
This hyderabadi mutton masala recipe is a wonderful curry and is full of gravy as the curry requires onions, tomatoes and yogurt to prepare.
This is however an easy recipe but since it is a mutton recipe, it requires lots of patience to be cooked well. It is better to use pressure cooker to make meat recipes as the tenderizing process takes a lot of time if cooked in a cooking vessel.
This is a gravy kind of a recipe and there are few gravy recipes of mutton on my blog. Therefore, I decided to post this wonderful recipe which is best when eaten with rice or roti or naan.
The items that go into the dish are common ingredients but onions and tomatoes are the key ingredients along with yogurt.
All these recipes are purely halal and made out of goat meat. I pay a lot of attention in the selection of meat as that decides the final taste of the recipe.
Good quality meat gives a tasty flavor to the entire dish. These kind of recipes are apt to make when there are many members available at home. Mutton Masala recipe is one of my favorite recipes.
The name of the dish itself shows that the recipe needs masala and in this recipe I am going to direct on how to prepare the delicious mutton masala.
Below are the recipe details on how to make mutton masala recipe hyderabadi:
- 500 gms mutton pieces/meat cut and washed well
- 3 tbsp edible oil
- 3 medium sized onions finely sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds powder
- ½ tsp cumin seeds powder
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp mutton masala powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- Firstly, take a pressure cooker, add oil into it and heat it.
- Add sliced onions and fry them till they turn slight golden color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes.
- Add the mutton pieces and roast them until a change in color appears.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder, cumin seeds powder, mutton masala powder, mix well and cook for about 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, mix and cook for two to three minutes until tomatoes get soft.
- Add the beaten yogurt/curd into it.
- Cook until oil appears at the corners.
- Add little water, add chopped coriander leaves and pressure cook until mutton gets tender.
- Reduce the steam.
- Lastly add garam masala powder and cook on sim flame for about two minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.