Chicken changezi recipe is a variety chicken recipe which has some mughlai flavor in it. It is an ancient recipe originated from the era of Changez khan(Genghis khan).
This is a delicious chicken recipe and is a rich recipe made using rich ingredients. It has a gravy consistency which is suitable to have it with rotis or parathas.
I made this recipe for the first time and instantly liked its taste as it is less spicy and has rich taste to the recipe.
I have posted every tried and tested chicken recipe on the blog and most of the recipes are made along with the videos and all the recipes are mind blowing and would like to update more and more chicken recipes.
This recipe is not known to many and I would like to share more details on this chicken recipe through my blog.
It has great flavors, spices, richness to the whole gravy. I have added cream, yogurt, tomato puree, fried onion paste along with dry fruits paste into the recipe and over all this has made the whole recipe quite rich.
While making chicken changezi, generally chicken is roasted separately but here, I have made it into a one pot dish and it has turned out as similar to the normal method of making chicken changezi.
I usually make some of the chicken recipes as one pot recipes and not separately which turn out well and also helps in cooking the chicken and the masala gravy perfectly.
The main masala of changezi recipe is of onion and kaju paste sauteed in oil or ghee.
To this gravy ingredients like milk, cream, yogurt, tomato puree are added to give a gravy like consistency.
The chicken is roasted well and all these masala paste are added and cooked well to form a thick gravy suitable to make during several occasions.
I shall update with many more chicken recipes as I keep blogging and hopefully I add them along with videos too and would love to hear feedback from my blog readers which encourage me to post more recipes.
Below is the recipe on how to make chicken changezi, a variety mughlai chicken recipe with step by step details and procedure too.
How to make chicken changezi:
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 onions, thickly chopped
- 8-10 kaju/cashewnuts
- 8-10 almonds/badam
- 3 tomatoes, thickly chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves/loung
- 1 green cardamom/elaichi
- 1 small cinnamon stick/dalchini
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 500 gms chicken cleaned well and washed well with turmeric powder or lemon extract
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- blended onion tomato kaju paste
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream/malai
- 1 tsp kasoori methi crushed
- 3-4 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Firstly, in a pan, add oil and heat it.
- Add chopped onions, kaju, badam and saute the onions until they turn slight golden color.
- After onions are cooked well, add chopped tomatoes into it and cook until the tomatoes turn soft.
- Switch off the flame.
- Cool down the masala.
- Take a blending jar, add the masala, and blend the masala into a fine smooth paste by adding little water or milk.
- Keep the masala aside for later use.
- Take a wok, add oil and heat it.
- Into it add whole garam masala such as cloves, dalchini, elaichi.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Add the chicken into it and roast well until color of chicken changes.
- Add salt as per taste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, mix well, cook and roast the chicken for 10 minutes until oil starts releasing.
- Add yogurt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the blended onion tomato kaju badam paste into the chicken and mix well.
- Cook this gravy for 10-15 minutes on low flame or until the masala is cooked well and starts leaving oil at the sides.
- Check if the chicken is tenderized.
- Cook for some more time until chicken gets tendered.
- Add milk into the chicken gravy, mix.
- Add malai/cream into the chicken gravy and mix well.
- Add salt as per taste if required.
- Cook the gravy for few minutes on low flame.
- Crush kasoori methi and add into the chicken curry.
- Also add some freshly chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Cook for few minutes on low flame and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with roti, paratha or steamed rice.
2. This gravy is slightly thick and if one wants to make slightly thin, add little more milk and cook the gravy.