Chicken leg piece fry is a simple chicken legs recipe which is cooked on stove top by marinating the chicken drumsticks in some spices.
Chicken leg pieces are usually termed with other names like chicken drumsticks and they are usually baked or deep fried by marinating with various herbs or spices or masalas.
Here, I have made it with one of the different methods where chicken is neither deep fried nor baked but is slightly roasted in some oil.
The roasted form of chicken leg piece can be served plain or can be served as a starter recipe or can be eaten as a side dish to any of the main course recipes.
The chicken legs should always be marinated for at least an hour with aromatic spices to get the flavors infused into the chicken.
If there is little time to cook, then reduce the marination time to half an hour and marinate in refrigerator so that all the masalas get perfectly absorbed to the chicken pieces…
The flavors of the chicken pieces are absolutely restaurant made and I usually do not add too many flavors and always keep every dish very mildly spicy and yet flavorful.
I have seen various versions of making chicken leg piece fry and here I would be showing the simplest version of making chicken leg piece recipe which can be tried without any difficulty and all the spices are something which are easily available at home.
One need not require any oven to make this recipe and my main motto with this blog is to teach my viewers simple cooking techniques which does not require heavy equipments and every dish can be simplified and be cooked with the basic equipments available at home or in the kitchen.
It takes less time to make this chicken recipe and would love to hear feedback on my recipes which are posted along with video procedures and these recipes have been tried and tested many times before posting on the blog.
I would be glad enough to update with many more chicken legs recipes if you like this recipe of mine and would love to receive a rating which encourages us to post many more chicken legs related recipes…
Below are the recipe instructions for this delicious chicken delicacy and also check out the video below…
Video procedure for chicken leg piece recipe:
Chicken leg piece fry, chicken leg piece recipe:
- 6 chicken legs (washed well)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup beaten curd/yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon extract
- 2 tbsp oil
- onion rings
- lemon wedges
- freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Take each chicken leg, make gashes or 2-3 slits to all the chicken drumsticks.
- Take a mixing bowl, add the chicken legs into the bowl.
- Into it, add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder.
- Also add beaten yogurt into the chicken.
- Mix all the ingredients and the masalas well.
- Add lemon extract into the marinade.
- Give a good mix.
- Cover the lid of the bowl.
- Marinate the chicken for at least half an hour to one hour by refrigerating it.
- After half an hour to 1 hour, take the marinated chicken out and give a mix.
- Take a non stick pan, add oil and heat it.
- Drop the marinated chicken legs one by one into the pan.
- Cook the chicken legs for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Flip the chicken pieces and cook the other side too for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Reduce the flame and cook the chicken legs on low flame.
- keep flipping the chicken legs with the help of a tong until both sides are cooked well.
- Make sure each side is simmered well for 4-5 minutes so that all the sides are evenly cooked.
- When the chicken looks roasted well, switch off the flame.
- Take the chicken pieces out.
- Serve them on a plate.
- Garnish with onion rings and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
- Enjoy them as a starter.
2. Always maintain medium to low flame and low flame is highly suggested.
3. Always use a non stick base like pan or a flat base non stick vessel to cook the legs which can avoid burning of the chicken legs.
4. Sprinkling some lemon juice all over the chicken legs adds more flavor to the chicken legs while serving them or having them.
Do drop your queries related to the recipe below in the comment section or you can also follow us on youtube, facebook, twitter or pinterest for every latest update…