Pesarattu recipe is a traditional south indian breakfast recipe…It is a very healthy breakfast recipe usually accompanied with chutneys such as onion tomato chutney, peanut chutney, green chilli chutney, pudina chutney etc…
Pesarattu dosa is in the form of a pancake which is made by using moong dal and rice…Here inorder to make this recipe whole green moong dal and rice is soaked overnight and blended into a batter.
This is sometimes called as pesarattu dosa or green gram dosa. This is a very healthy option for breakfast. Green gram dosa is usually eaten with any kind of chutney.
Andhra special dosa can also be served to kids as evening snack or as a breakfast dish.
It is a simple and few ingredients recipe into which some pieces of ginger and green chillies are added to give a tasty touch and finely chopped onions are topped all over the dosa and served with chutneys.
The dosa is a soft crepe in the form of a pancake and appears green in color.
Green gram has lots of health benefits and making different green gram recipes is very good for health.
Moong dal is obtained in two forms one is yellow moong dal and the other is whole green moong dal that is green gram and both the lentils are good for health and should be included in our diet frequently…
Below are the recipe details of making pesarattu and I hope this traditional south indian healthy breakfast is preferred by everyone…
Video procedure to make pesarattu dosa:
Pesarattu Recipe Andhra or Pesarattu dosa
- 1 cup whole green moong dal
- 2 tbsp rice
- salt - to taste
- 2 small pieces of ginger
- 2 green chiliies chopped
- 2 medium size onions, very finely chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- pinch of salt
- Mix all these topping ingredients in a small bowl
- 2-3 tbsp oil for making the dosa
- Firstly, in separate bowls add green gram/green moong dal and rice, add water into the bowls and soak them overnight.
- Add the soaked green moong dal along with soaked water and also add soaked rice in a blender.
- Also add green chillies, ginger pieces and salt into the blender.
- Blend all the combined ingredients into a fine batter.
- The batter should neither be thick nor thin.
- Heat the tawa/gridle.
- Wipe the tawa with an onion slice.
- Take a ladle full of batter and drop at the centre of the tawa and spread the batter in circular motion.
- Spread mixture of finely chopped onions, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, salt all over the dosa.
- Smear oil all over the dosa and around the corners.
- Cook the bottom side of the dosa for few minutes.
- Flip the dosa and cook again for few more minutes.
- Flip again and fold and serve with chutney.