Black tea for weight loss is a quick tea recipe that not only aids in losing weight but also has other exciting benefits. This recipe post shares easy chai or tea without adding unhealthy ingredients, making it perfect for drinking to burn fat and on a daily diet.
Check out some more healthy recipes on the blog, such as weight loss coffee, salad for weight loss, weight loss green juice, weight loss water recipes, cucumber for weight loss, bedtime smoothie, ginger tea for cold, etc...
About the tea
This tea is made using readily available black tea leaves and water as per the ratio required and a few drops of lemon. Infusing the tea leaves' flavor in water gives a perfect low-cholesterol drink.
The other common name for tea is chai, but usually, chai is made by mixing the tea decoction in milk, and this recipe is only about the black tea concentrate without mixing with any other ingredient such as milk.
Making this tea in just a few minutes and using it for many health benefits is the best way to keep oneself healthy and fit.
Black tea has less caffeine compared to black coffee, and this tea can be an excellent substitute for coffee as well as a weight-loss diet tip.
The tea leaves have to steep well in water on simmer for a few minutes, and the available extract makes a tea that can be used to make several drinks and teas.
To get a more robust tea flavor steeping for a little more time gives us a strong flavor of tea which is an excellent stimulant prepared in no time.
Check out the tea details and the benefits and negatives of having this tea below.
Tea leaves, when steeped, give different flavors by using other tea leaves. Some of the different teas are green tea, pink tea, etc...
Is black tea good for weight loss?
These tea leaves contain fewer calories and a low amount of caffeine. The low-calorie drink is not only a good fat burner drink but also can be consumed to keep oneself warm.
Have it during conversations, or hot tea can be taken during chilly evenings and cold weather.
These tea leaves contain flavonoids that can alter gut bacteria and help maintain good body mass and thus not increase weight.
This low-calorie drink is more beneficial than unhealthy and high-caffeine drinks.
Consuming it more often can harm the body by causing nausea, vomiting, etc. Drinking it by altering the drink with sugar, and milk, too, can increase calories and weight and lead to various health issues.
Therefore, do not consume it in an unhealthy manner.
- Consuming water or black tea before 30 minutes can aid in weight loss to a certain extent.
- It protects the skin from aging and protects it from the skin getting damaged due to high UV radiation and controls premature aging.
- It helps in maintaining the digestive tract healthily.
- It boosts immunity and also lowers the risk of diabetes.
- It aids in weight loss if the drink is consumed plain without sugar.
- Adding honey and lemon extract helps keep the digestive system healthy, removes toxins, and reduces fat deposits in our bodies.
- It helps in reducing stress levels and keeps us mentally alert.
- It reduces the risk of Cancer in women.
- It is also helpful for asthma patients.
- It reduces the risk of heart problems, and black tea has many more benefits if consumed before meals without sugar.
Drinking tea once or twice is good for health but drinking it too many times a day has its negatives.
Drinking it during odd times or too many times can act as a stimulant and can cause a lack of sleep in humans.
It can also lead to restlessness if consumed more frequently.
Black tea leaves: These are available quickly, and sometimes black tea bags are available in some countries lose tea powder is easily found in stores.
These are dried tea leaves plucked from the tea plant and then dried and processed before selling as tea leaves to make chai.
These are available in different brands but choosing quality tea leaves gives good flavors to the tea made.
Water: To steep the tea well, water is essential. Without using water, this tea cannot be made.
Lemon drops: Lemon aids in weight loss, gives a different flavor to the tea and makes it easy to consume with the help of honey.
Honey: This acts as a sweetener, and adding it in place of sugar makes it a healthy way to drink tea recipes.
How to make the tea
- add two cups of water to a saucepan. Use good quality water that is perfect for drinking purposes.
- Add a teaspoon of black tea leaves. Try to use original and original tea leaves that give a good taste after steeping well.
- Bring it to a boil. Steep the tea for a few minutes and simmer it for 5-10 minutes. For a more robust flavor, steep it for a few more minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Strain the black tea into a cup.
- Let it turn to a lukewarm state.
- Add a few drops of lemon extract to the strained tea.
- Add honey while consuming, and do not add sugar to the tea for better benefits.
- Stir and serve the drink. Also, check out lemon ginger tea for weight loss that contains black tea leaves.
When to consume the drink?
Drink it before every meal and try to consume it 30 to 40 minutes before any meal for better outcomes and benefits.
One can also drink it after meals but make sure not to overdo the drink, which can cause harmful effects.
Adding milk to the tea is fine, but since this tea is exclusively made to aid weight loss skipping milk is highly recommended.
Adding green tea leaves bag instead of black tea leaves does wonders and makes a healthy drink to use with a healthy main course diet.
Adding mint leaves, grated ginger, or lemon slices while steeping tea makes it healthier and works great for reducing body fat.
In short, adding herbs and spices can make a healthy and robust tea but try to consume the concoction without adding too many ingredients and just black tea concentrate.
black tea for weight loss recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon black tea leaves
- ¼ teaspoon lemon drops
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- add two cups of water in a sauce pan.
- add a teaspoon of black tea leaves.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Simmer or steep well for 5 minutes and for strong flavor steep well for 10 minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Strain the black tea concentrate into a cup.
- Let it turn lukewarm.
- Add few drops of lemon extract.
- Add honey while consuming or skip if not required.
- Stir and serve.
Yes, black tea, if taken plain without adding sugar or milk, makes a low-calorie drink, and just having this plain tea concentrate can make a huge difference in losing those extra pounds.
Drinking it 3 to 4 times is a good habit, but consuming it more than 4 to 5 times can have a negative impact and cause restlessness and sleepless nights, thus causing fat to build up even more than shedding it.
The tea leaves contain antioxidants and polyphenols, which are known to protect the skin from aging and avoid the formation of wrinkles to a certain extent.